POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Need help with merge! : Need help with merge! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with merge!
From: Ron Hicks
Date: 4 Jun 2000 01:35:24
Message: <3939EA7B.48F6AB00@yahoo.com>
Greetings fellow ray-tracers,

I've been ray-tracing off and on for the last two years when I can find
time from daily work schedule.
I'm designing a glass bowl of sorts and I'm having trouble with the CSG
merge

I've started with an inner and outer sphere where I have taken the
difference between the outer and inner sphere to create a 'hollow'
globe_1.

I then take this globe object stretch it a bit by the y-axis and declare
it as globe_2.

I then position globe_2 above globe_1 and wrap the merge command hoping
it eliminate the intersecting surfaces between the two, but after
making  z-plane intersection test to see if these intersecting surfaces
remain..alas they are still there.

Many thanks in advance if you can help me with this problem or point out
where my logic fails in the attached pov file

Ronald F. Hicks
dag### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: